Visiting Nurse Program
Personalized nursing services in the homeWhen you or a family member need ongoing medical care, VNCC provides a wide range of clinical services that can be administered in the comfort and convenience of the client’s home. The first step is an evaluation by a Care Manager who is responsible for planning, coordinating and overseeing these health services. Working with the client’s doctor and healthcare team, the Care Manager develops a personalized Plan Of Care (POC) designed to meet the health needs of the individual in a home environment.
Insurance coverageMany of these services are eligible for third-party payments through medical insurance, Medicare and Medicaid.
The POC may include one or more of the following services:
- Skilled Nursing One-on-one nursing care includes assessment and treatment related to new medical diagnoses or recovery from surgery, illness or injury. Our registered nurses provide emotional support while teaching patients and family members how to manage medications, recuperative care and treatments at home.
- Rehabilitation Services Physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists are available to work with clients in their own homes to achieve maximum function, independence and quality of life. Clients with neurological disorders or weakness, or individuals recovering from surgery are eligible to receive these services.
- Home Care Aide Home care aides provide personal care assistance for short periods during the recovery and family adjustment process.
- Social Work Our licensed social workers are available to provide counseling for disease adjustment, care planning and other important issues that may arise during the recovery period.
VNCC provides specialized services for clients with specific needs. These include certified wound ostomy nursing care, a Movement Disorders program and a Bridge to Hospice program. Our Disease Management Program treats clients with heart failure, COPD, diabetes and neurological disorders. Also on staff is a Registered Nurse certified foot care specialist as well as a physical therapist certified in Parkinson’s LSVT BIG Program.
Additional specialty programs include:
By connecting to healthcare professionals through telephone, video conferencing and the Internet, VNCC’s telehealth technology enables the client take advantage of a wide range of clinical services without traveling from his or her home. This program adheres to evidence-based medicine and clinical practice guidelines from the National Institutes of Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, American Heart Association, American Diabetes Association, and other professional societies.
About Our Care Managers
Our Care Managers are registered nurses and rehabilitation therapists who have extensive experience in home healthcare. They oversee the client’s personalized plan of care by providing skilled nursing services, monitoring progress and supervising aides.
In addition, Care Mangers educate clients and families about medication, care and treatment, while also serving as patient advocates. They are also available to:
- Answer any questions regarding home healthcare and other services
- Assess and identify problems
- Identify eligibility for government services
- Arrange medical appointments and transportation
- Act as a liaison to families
- Arrange and monitor home healthcare services
- Provide education to clients and families
- Provide solutions to issues facing elderly clients
At VNCC, we go beyond traditional healthcare management programs by offering a wide range of services to assist clients and their families every step of the way.